Let's Build A Garden
A building, planting, & garden journaling course!
In this course, you will be taken step by step through building a 4x8 foot raised garden bed, from planning to planting with Kelly Johnson the author and creator of the book and world of Wings, Worms, and Wonder!
* 5 videos where I take you step by step through every stage of the garden process to set you up for ultimate school or backyard gardening success!
1. Planning, (So important! This is the start of your dream garden after all!)
2. Site selection (Key to successful growing)
3. Buying the supplies (Yep we actually film in the hardware store so you know what to buy!)
4. Time to build (Join me in the wood shop as we saw, screw, and build and assemble the garden bed)
5. Soil and planting (We will fill and plant the garden bed and set your new veggies up for a healthy fruitful life!)
Each video has a extremely thorough and the illustrated Action Plan breaks down the steps and process in the videos.
*The videos and accompanying lessons here in teachable
* The compiled 28 page detailed, and fully illustrated, instruction Action Plan in pdf form (so you can print out what you learn here in the lessons)
* Dream Garden planning and planting Fun sheets pdfs
* Shopping list pdf
* A lesson on how and why garden journaling is awesome.
* A custom designed for this course Month by Month garden journal pdfs to inspire your creative connections with your new garden.
*Resource links and exclusive tips
Why is the Wings, Worms, and Wonder Let's Build a Garden video course better than a building plan you can download for free off the internet?
1. It is designed specifically with the beginning gardener, or garden builder, in mind by providing extremely detailed written and visual instructions presented in a conversational easy to understand style.
2. The course pays specialized attention to meet the needs of those wishing to garden with children.
3. It provides garden planning instructions for site selection, soil selection, growing, seasonal planting, watering, and maintenance that will set you and your new garden up for long term success!
4. It provides creative and inspiring planning and planting worksheets as well as shopping lists so the pre building and building stages of your project run smoothly.
5. It teaches you how to integrate gardening into your everyday home or school life through garden journaling.
6. You are guided through your garden building and planting experience by me, Kelly Johnson, a garden guide with a lifetime of backyard gardening experience, 15 years garden building and development experience, 18 years teaching experience, 15 years children's gardening experience, author of the award winning book Wings, Worms, and Wonder, author of 2 children's books and numerous articles on gardening with children, a BFA, and an MA in Environmental Studies.
7. It provides you with access to a private social media community of gardeners on Facebook and Pinterest where you can share successes, ask questions, and brainstorm with like minded gardeners.
The Let's Build a Garden video course is your ticket into a family of gardeners, journalers, and nature lovers who value the health, happiness, community, and creative connection benefits that "growing your own" at home, school, or in the community brings!
I'm your guide into nature inspired drawing and painting, Kelly Johnson!
If you drop by my world on an average day you might find me gardening, making art, snowboarding, surfing, vegan baking, traveling, or helping humans build deep relationships with nature through art and organic gardening!
I have a BFA from the Savannah College of Art and Design, an MA in environmental studies from Goddard College, an AMS 6-9 teaching credential & 10 years in the classroom, + 20 years experience teaching art & 11 years teaching nature-study to children and adults in a wide variety of settings.
I have painted everything from huge murals in Mexico to tiny paintings in Virginia to tropical plants in Florida to veggies in Europe and I love how art builds community and connections in every venue!
Discover more about me, Wings, Worms, & Wonder, and ways to join the nature fun here on my website.
Follow the blog, join the newsletter, and learn lots of fun ways to stay creatively connected with nature! Check out My site & Etsy Shop
*** If you had an awesome time with this eCourse, email me your thoughts in a testimonial form with your permission for me to use them and I will email you a surprise herb inspired thank you gift! ***